May 15, 2009

Daydreaming? You're actually solving complex problems • The Register

Someone needs to call my 3rd grade teacher.


They found that daydreaming 'is an important cognitive state where we may unconsciously turn our attention from immediate tasks to sort through important problems in our lives'.
...
The upshot of the research is that, if you're struggling to solve a complex problem, you might be better off switching to something less taxing and letting your mind wander.


Daydreaming? You're actually solving complex problems • The Register

2 comments:

Keith Brooks said...

I have always taken that to heart. I keep a yo-yo in my office for those moments.
Used to drive my office workers crazy when I worked on wall street.

Rob Novak said...

I was about to comment but lost my train of thought. Oh look, a chicken!